To ensure that the consumer chooses the best quality locally produced oils, SA Olive has introduced a seal that will appear on olive oils of participating SA Olive members.
For the consumer, the CTC Seal means:
- The producer confirms that the content is 100% South African.
- The year of harvest will be prominently displayed, indicating the freshness of the oil.
- The producer is committed to the standards set in the SA Olive Codes of Practice, which are based on international quality standards.
- Honest and transparent labelling – if the label states that the content is Extra Virgin, the producer verifies that the content is in fact Extra Virgin and not Virgin, or a Refined Olive Oil.
CTC Scheme application documentation:
- View the latest CTC Procedural Manual, explaining the criteria and application process.
- Download the CTC Application Form.
- Review the CTC tasting dates 2021.
- Submit all required paperwork and samples as described in the CTC Procedural Manual and CTC Form.
- Refer to this note if you need to create a LOT number.
During the past years, South African Extra Virgin Olive Oils have regularly received international quality awards, proving that locally produced Extra Virgin Olive Oils can compete successfully with the best in the world. Refer to the list of Scheme participants below to find your closest source of quality olive oil.