For the winners of the 2016 Absa Top 5 South African Extra Virgin Olive Oils, we are sharing recipes perfectly paired with each. Gabriëlskloof EVOO is a medium style well balanced EVOO with flavours of fresh cut grass, green tomato and artichokes. Here’s their recipe for the perfect Sunday roast leg of lamb.
- 2.2kg leg of Karoo lamb
- 1 tablespoon Gabriëlskloof Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bulb garlic, skin on, halved horizontally
- Few sprigs of rosemary
- Salt & black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7. Rub the lamb all over with the extra virgin olive oil and a little black pepper. Put in a roasting tin with the garlic and rosemary.
- Roast for 20 minutes then turn down the heat to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas 5 and roast for a further 1½ hours. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a selection of your favourite fresh herbs, vegetables and mint sauce or gravy.