For the winners of the 2016 Absa Top 5 South African Extra Virgin Olive Oils, we are sharing recipes perfectly paired with each. Kransfontein Coratina EVOO is a medium to intense style EVOO with a strong peppery flavour attributed to its high polyphenol levels. This years tasting results deliver fruit of green and ripe olives and olive leaves, with taste of almonds and walnuts. Here’s the recipe they feel is great paired with their EVOO – Pasta with Garlic Infused EVOO and Green Veggies.
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 1/2 cups Kransfontein Coratina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound dry pasta of choice (linguine recommended)
- salt and black pepper
- 2 cups green beans, ends trimmed off and cut in half
- 1 1/2 cup peas, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated finely
- Suggested Toppings: toasted breadcrumbs, fresh dill
The Kransfontein Coratina EVOO is also paired well with salads and roasted vegetables.