Storing your Extra Virgin Olive Oil correctly can optimise its shelf-life for prolonged enjoyment. The olive harvest takes place between March and June/July in the Southern Hemisphere; the fresh oils are available by August/September in the same year.
Olive oil does not mature with age – it should be consumed as fresh as possible to draw out most of its culinary and health benefits. Extra Virgin Olive Oil is generally given a shelf life of 24 months.
Follow these top 5 tips for the best results:
- Keep your olive oil as air tight as possible.
- It is best stored in a sealed, dark container (glass or other material) and kept in a cool, dark place.
- If buying large quantities, decant the oil into smaller containers to protect it from the air until being used.
- Once a container has been opened, it should preferably be used within 2 months.
- Do not store olive oil in the fridge, as it will solidify and condensation will promote oxidation.
Visit http://bit.ly/2veEnUv to receive 30% off when you purchase your first UCOOK Box, simply use the #SAOLIVE code on check-out.