We are delighted to announce that Celebrity Chef Zola Nene will be the MC at this year’s prestigious ABSA TOP 10 Olive Oil awards to be held at 401 Rozendal Function Venue on 5 October 2018. Guests will be treated to a tasting of the top finalists followed by an unrivaled olive oil inspired culinary experience.
Here is a bit about Zola Nene:
- Her culinary career spans over 10 years.
- She studied BCom Law for 2 years after matriculating, but soon realised that it was not the career path she wanted to follow so she ventured off to England and decided to look for a job in a professional kitchen.
- She worked in a Brasserie in Cheshire for two years, first as a hot section chef, then as the head pastry chef.
- After her two-year stint in England, she returned to South Africa and immediately enrolled at the Institute of Culinary Arts in Stellenbosch.
- During her studies, she got to work with some amazing top chefs in the local industry such as Margot Janse of Le Quartier Francais and Chris Erasmus of Foliage Restaurant.
- She specialized in Food media in her third year of studies and worked as a food assistant at a magazine for six months.
- After graduating, she moved to JHB and worked in a large catering company as a catering manager.
- She then started working as a Food Stylist on the Expresso Morning Show on SABC 3 in October 2010.
- Apart from cooking on TV, she also develops recipes and does food styling for publications as well as brands.
- She completed production of her first cookbook (Simply Delicious) which was released in February 2016. It later went on to win Best in the World at the Gourmand Cookbook Awards.