Olive & Apple Malva Pudding with an olive crumb & olive and apple sorbet with an apple & olive coulis. – serves 4
6 ml butter
40 g sugar
40 ml egg
72 g cake flour
2 ml bicarbonate soda
38 ml milk
6 ml jam
6 ml brown vinegar
10 g diced olives
10 g diced apple
40 ml ideal milk
40 ml warm water
40 g sugar
6 ml butter
20 ml jam
75 g sugar
75 ml water
150 ml olive oil (delicate)
100 ml apple juice
30 g glucose
1 sheet of gelatine
10 ml lemon juice
2 star anise
Olive Crumb Ingredients:
30 g breadcrumbs
30 g dried olives
30 g sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Dice up the apples and olives for the pudding, jam, and sorbet
- Add the glucose, water and sugar to a pot and bring to boil
- Add diced olives, diced apples, sugar, apple juice and star anise to another pot and allow to reduce until fruit is soft
- Cream butter and sugar together until it is creamy and soft, then and the egg and beat until well mixed
- Add the olive oil, apple juice, diced olives, and star anise to the sorbet mixture, mix and then bring to simmer
- Set your gelatin in water to bloom
- Gently fold in the sifted flour into your pudding batter
- Mix the bicarbonate soda and milk together, then add it the batter and mix
- Then add the lemon juice to the sorbet mixture and stir before adding the gelatin and mix, then place in a water bath.
- Blitz the jam mixture with a hand blender and then strain it. Set some aside for the malva batter, while reducing the rest
- Add the jam and vinegar to the malva batter and mix it through. Then mix in the diced olives and apples and mix through.
- Then line a baking tray with baking paper and spray with cooking spray before putting it in the oven and baking for 20 minutes.
- Place cooled sorbet mix into the churner and let it churn for 25-30 minutes.
- Spread the jam pulp on a baking tray and place in the oven and allow to dry.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together and allow to cool.
- Blitz up the sugar, olives and breadcrumbs together till you get a fine crumb.
- Remove the malva pudding from the oven and coat with the sauce.
- Remove the sorbet from the churner & the garnish from the oven
- Plate & decorate plate with Coulis