Waffles infused with olive oil, topped with homemade bachu infused ice cream, dressed with a salted caramel sauce and sprinkled with sweet dried olives. – serves 4
Olive Oil Infused Waffle Batter
100g Castor Sugar
3 Egg Yolks
3 Egg Whites
200g Cake Flour
3g Baking Powder
5ml Vanilla Essence
Pinch Of Salt
- Whisk castor sugar and egg yolks until creamy.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Mix milk in with the egg yolks
- Mix wet ingredient in with the dry ingredients.
- Wisk egg whites till stiff, but not till dry.
- Fold in the egg whites with the flour batter.
- Mix in the olive oil, vanilla essence and sweet olives.
The sweet olives in batter are olives that have been boiled in hot water, drained and then soaked in a sugar-water liquid. On the complete waffle the infused olive sugar liquid is lightly brushed on top of the waffle.
Homemade Bachu-Infused Ice Cream
50g Confectioner’s Sugar (Icing Sugar)
- Soak Bachu in tepid milk on stove.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Add mixture into ice-cream maker.
Salted Caramel Sauce
100 g Butter
1 ½ cup Cream
1 ½ cup Sugar
- Melt butter on stove, when melted add sugar
- When it is mixed & completely melted, add salt.
- Microwave cream until warm.
- Slowly add cream to butter & sugar mixture (bit by bit) and whisk until nice and smooth. (butter & sugar mixture must still be on the stove.)
- Drain mix with a sieve to remove any lumps.
- When mix is cooled down, whisk it to get a creamy caramel look and taste.