Dark chocolate and olive oil mousse with black olive shortbread, olive oil cremeux, fresh raspberries and dried black olives – serves 4
150 g Dark chocolate 70% Cacao
100 ml extra virgin olive oil
4 large Eggs
Pinch of salt
50 g castor sugar
1 Gelatine leaf
Melt the chocolate over a Bain-Marie. When its melted add in the gelatin leaf and slowly add in the olive oil. In a separate bowl separate your eggs. Whip your egg whites while slowly adding the castor sugar to create a meringue. Mix in yolk with the chocolate mixture, then fold in the egg whites. Set in a container.
Olive Shortbread Ingredients:
1 cup salted butter, at room temperature
3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup oil-cured olives
Beat your butter until it’s light and creamy. Then add your sugar . When that is combined add in the flour and olives that you have to cut up. When it is combined pack on a tray and bake at 180’C for 10 min.
250 ml of milk
100 g egg whites
150 g Castor Sugar
20 g cornflour
3 leaves gelatin
240 g butter
200 g white chocolate
Olive oil to taste
- In a pot heat up the milk. In a bowl mix together egg whites castor sugar and cornflour.
- When the milk has been heated up, temper milk into egg white mixture. Return to heat and cook until thickens.
- Remove from heat when cooked and slowly add in the butter and whisk through one piece at a time.
- Add chocolate
- Add olive oil to taste. Set in a piping bag for plating.
- Black olives will be semi dries and tossed with the Raspberries and served fresh.