- 200g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 40g butter
- 300g portobellini mushrooms
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Flat leaf parsley, to serve
- Parmesan shavings, to serve
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti to the pot and cook per packet instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add the olive oil and butter to a large pan on medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until the liquid has evaporated, and the mushrooms start to brown.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic; allow to cook for a further minute or two. Add the cooked spaghetti to the mushrooms, and about 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water followed by the parmesan.
- Toss gently to combine, and you’ll notice the sauce will thicken. Add an extra splash of pasta water if the pasta is too dry.
- Add salt and pepper if needed, and serve immediately with shavings of parmesan and parsley. Enjoy!