- 500 gr oven-roasted pumpkin, mashed
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp fine cinnamon
- 2 tsp fine nutmeg
- pinch flakey sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup & 1 tbsp SA Olive Industry EVOO
- 250 gr good quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- butter or olive oil spray for the loaf pan
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, whisking to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin mash, sugar and olive oil until smooth. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. Fold in the chocolate.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean (approx. 60 – 75 minutes).
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool for 20 minutes. Carefully remove the cake from the tin and let cool for an additional 20 minutes.
Source: The Little Hedonist