Table Olive Home Curing
Quick Method for Curing Black Olives
- For best results use completely black olives.
- Rinse the black olives well and leave in clean water for 24 hours.
- Place in a 4% salt (40g/L) solution for 2 weeks.
- Keep the olives submerged and cover.
- Replace with a 6% salt (60g/L) solution for 2 weeks.
- Keep the olives submerged.
- Make up fresh 6% salt solution and flavour to taste with vinegar, herbs, spices, etc.
- Place the olives in jars.
- Bring the flavoured brine to the boil and add hot to the olives in the jars.
- Fill the jars completely and close tightly.
- Let stand for a week or two.
- Serve splashed with EVOO.
Share this content. Choose your platform.