- 6 tbsp good quality tahini
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 6-8 tbsp water
- A tin of butter beans, chickpeas, canneloni beans or borlotti beans
- 2 tbsp SA Olive EVOO, plus a dash more for drizzling
- Add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic and water to a blender and blend until a paste forms. Add your beans and EVOO and blitz until it reaches your desired consistency.
- For the olive hummus, I added two generous tablespoons of olive pesto. Adjust the lemon juice, water and garlic according to taste, and garnish with your favourite herbs, spices and of course, a generous glug of EVOO! I served mine with a handful of olives and gluten-free brown rice crackers for the ultimate textural satisfaction!
Source: The Little Hedonist